- 1 Related Question Answers Found
- 1.1 How do you find volume?
- 1.2 How do you find volume of a pentagon?
- 1.3 How do you calculate cubic volume?
- 1.4 How do you find volume with density and mass?
- 1.5 How do you find volume with diameter?
- 1.6 How do you calculate volume in Litres?
- 1.7 How do you find volume from density?
- 1.8 What unit is volume?
volume of a polygon？
Volume of a Prism (regular polygon base) In general, the volume of a prism is the area of the base times the height of the prism.
One may also ask,What is the formula for volume of a polygon?
Whereas the basic formula for the area of a rectangular shape is length × width, the basic formula for volume is length × width × height.
Likewise,How do you find the volume of a polygon prism?
The formula for the volume of a prism is V=Bh , where B is the base area and h is the height.
Beside above,Do polygons have volume?
The volume represents the region between the surface and the space above or below the polygon features based on the selection made in the Reference Plane parameter: Calculate above the plane—Volume is calculated between the plane and the underside of the surface.
Long,How do I find the volume of an irregular shape?
As explained here, you can find the volume of this box-shaped space by multiplying its length, width, and height together (length x width x height). The answer to this multiplication problem is the volume of the object. Do not measure the height of the entire container, just the height from one water mark to another.
Related Question Answers Found
How do you find volume?
Units of Measure
- Volume = length x width x height.
- You only need to know one side to figure out the volume of a cube.
- The units of measure for volume are cubic units.
- Volume is in three-dimensions.
- You can multiply the sides in any order.
- Which side you call length, width, or height doesn’t matter.
How do you find volume of a pentagon?
We calculate the volume of a pentagonal prism using the formula is V = 5/2abh where this formula is further understood as V = [1/2 × 5 × base length × apothem] × height of the prism.
How do you calculate cubic volume?
To find the volume of a box, simply multiply length, width, and height — and you’re good to go! For example, if a box is 5×7×2 cm, then the volume of a box is 70 cubic centimeters.
How do you find volume with density and mass?
How can I find volume with density and mass?
- Look up the density of the material the object is made of in kg/m³.
- Measure the mass (or weight) of the object in kilograms.
- Divide the mass by the density.
- You will then have the volume of the object in m³.
How do you find volume with diameter?
The volume of a sphere (V) in terms of its radius (r) is V = (4/3) π r3. If d is its diameter, we have d = 2r. From this, we get r = (d/2). Substituting this in the volume formula, the volume of a sphere in terms of diameter is V = (πd3)/6.
How do you calculate volume in Litres?
Dividing the volume (in cubic centimeters) of the shape by 1,000 will give you the volume in liters (L). . So, a fish tank that is 40.64 cm long, 25.4 cm wide, and 20.32 tall has a volume of 20.975 L.
How do you find volume from density?
Divide the mass by the density of the substance to determine the volume (mass/density = volume). Remember to keep the units of measure consistent. For example, if the density is given in grams per cubic centimeter, then measure the mass in grams and give the volume in cubic centimeters.
What unit is volume?
cubic meterVolume is the measure of the 3-dimensional space occupied by matter, or enclosed by a surface, measured in cubic units. The SI unit of volume is the cubic meter (m3), which is a derived unit. Liter (L) is a special name for the cubic decimeter (dm3).